The “Folk Year” at a glance:
First Saturday Gatherings
- Starting in September, the membership gathers (usually) on the first Saturday of each month. The public is welcome. Look inside to learn more about “A Typical Meeting.”
Tin Whistle Concert
- Held in November, this is our annual fundraiser. The stage is brimming with talented local, state-wide, and national performers.
- An informal gathering with no presentation, just lots of good folks, good music, and delicious eats.
A Starry Night for a Ramble
- An evening of folk dancing taught and called to traditional tunes. Held on a Saturday in February.
- An informal gathering held (usually) the first Saturday in July.
- No meeting – we all take a vacation.
- Often called the KT, the newsletter comes out every month. For over 30 years it has been collected in the National Folk Archives at the Library of Congress.